Saturday, June 12, 2010

Cont. Thing 2-Glogster, Voki, VoiceThreads

June 26
 Well I couldn't get Bookr to work like I wanted it too. I was trying to create "endangered rain forest plants" but couldn't import my pictures from flickr to bookr. First I re-named, then changed to jpg...nothing worked. My "saved" plant pictures didn't show up in flickr ...hmmm




Any suggestions for me?

Flickr pictures are great if they are useful for your project. I'm wondering if this "tool" is more for younger students. I did see someone create one "What is writing" which I thought was effective. 
 ______________________________







______________________________
My Voki- I need to find out how to record "voice" on my computer--so I went ahead and used their voice "help". I was limited as to how much text I could add.  I could use a Voki to talk to my students about announcing a book fair, new book, contest, etc. for the library on the library's webpage.
I found this helpful video on "how to create a Voki"-     Voki    
 ___________________________________
(Sat.) I've been "experimenting" with glogster for TOO long. I can't seem to get the text on the various graphics. I've set up an account and have looked at some of the examples. Maybe another hour and I'll be more successful.
(Sun.) Well YAHOO! A good night's sleep and another day! I finally figured out Glogster-I think! This is just fabulous!  I could see where you could "set up" a "graphic"  library lesson for students to use. The possibilities are Limit-Less....My next venture to create a booktrailer using Voicethreads!



My VoiceThread
http://voicethread.com/share/1248295/

3 comments:

  1. I still need to work on glogster. Not one of my favorites for this "thing." I do love the Vokis and I know the kids will get a kick out of them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you visited my blog and so I'm checking to see what you have going on. you're site looks great. i'm going to go back and spruce mine up. BTW - the 'new student' who is so very tech-savvy will require a 'new teacher' to match. THAT I believe is going to be a challenge to many.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tried viewing the Animoto again and it worked! I really liked how you did that. It has motivated me to get after making one for the bluebonnet books for when we go back to school. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete