Thursday, August 5, 2010

Thing #10 Virtual Worlds

I guess I'm just too "realistic" to "get into" Second Life. I recently attended a childrens' conference and the "guest speaker" was "all about this"...I found it so confusing & as I said previously not very realistic.

I "looked into" and read the links but found the it all so complicated. Maybe if someone was willing to "hands on" show me it would be easier to grasp. I work with students who struggle with the simple tasks and not sure they could "grasp" all of the things involved. Our staff is just trying to use some technology (i-movie, brochures, pictures,etc.) to "draw in" & retain ALL the learning possible.

I just can't take the time right now to "investigate" this.

I would certainly use the teen Second Life for safety reasons.

No comments:

Post a Comment